1105 Hwy 208, Lebanon, KY 40033
SAT: 9 - NOON
CLOSED: WED. & SUN. & ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS
Visit our shelter and you might just find your next best friend !
Who We Serve:
Our Animal Control Officers serve residents of Marion County, Kentucky only but the Lebanon facility houses animals from both Marion and neighboring, Washington County.
WASHINGTON COUNTY HAS ITS OWN ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER. PLEASE CALL:
Ariella Gibson: (859) 805-1617
Marion County Animal Shelter In The Heart of the Bluegrass
- Q. MICRO CHIPS: Does the Shelter install Micro Chips in animals?
- A. We are not able to do this. If you wish to have one placed in your animal, please call a veterinarian.
- Q.EUTHANIZATION POLICY: Someone told me that you euthanize animals within a short period of time after you receive them. Is this true?
- A. There is no specific time table for euthanization at MCAS it is based on space constraints as well as the overall health of the animal. To have your own animal euthanized you must see a licensed vet.
- Q.VOLUNTEERS: Do you have a volunteer program?
- A. Several years ago we did have volunteer assistance but as you read this we do not have any programs for volunteers or any plans to reinstate this in the future.
- Q.SPAY/NEUTER: Do you perform spays and neuters at the Shelter?
- A. No. There is no spay/neuter program at the Shelter but all Shelter cats and dogs must be spayed or neutered at a licensed vet clinic as part of the adoption process.
- Q. RACCOONS, POSSUMS, GROUND HOGS, ETC., I have these on my property causing damage. Can you come and trap it?
- A. These types of creatures are considered "NUISANCE WILDLIFE" and must be handled by a completely different type of animal control specialist. Sorry, we are only licensed to handle DOMESTIC ANIMALS. You may also call State Dispatch or If you see a WILD ENDANGERED animal in distress (Hawk, Eagle, etc).(270) 384-4796
- Q. Can I BRING MY CHILDREN OR MY OWN PET in to see how they might interact with an animal before adoption?
- A. YES! We welcome families and their children of any age and/or a their well behaved pet to come in and socialize with an animal here that you wish to adopt.
- Q. Are you a HUMANE SOCIETY?
- A. No, MCAS is not a Humane Society. We are a County Animal Shelter. Humane Societies are almost always "no kill" facilities whereas Animal Shelters do euthanize depending on time and space needs or when absolutely necessary. We consider ourselves a "low kill" shelter.
MCAS is a county-run facility. We work with the general public and rescue groups all over the country
to find homes for as many animals as possible.
PLEASE DO YOUR PART! SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR DOGS AND CATS BEGINNING AT 4 - 5 MONTHS OLD.
TOO BUSY TO COME IN?
Next time you order from Amazon.com,
add items for donation! You can have them sent directly to the shelter.
The 7 Most Frequently Asked Questions
When to Call:
- LOST AND FOUND: You lost your animal or found an animal whose owner can not be located.
- DANGEROUS ANIMAL: Life or property is being threatened by an animal. NOTE: We can not handle wildlife.
- ANIMAL WELFARE: You see or strongly suspect that an animal is in danger or being subjected to cruelty. All info is confidential.
Regular Adoption and Other Fees:
ADOPTION FEE: $125.00 PER DOG, $60.00 PER CAT (includes spay or neuter and rabies shot from a veterinarian).
Beginning June 11, 2018: SPAY/NEUTER VOUCHERS
UPDATE: 6/18/18 ALL FREE AND $50.00
OFF VOUCHERS HAVE BEEN GIVEN OUT.
Starting Monday, June 11, 2018 the Marion County Animal Shelter offered vouchers for 5 dogs and 5 cats for pet owners in Marion County to have their animals spayed or neutered for FREE. In order to qualify you had to come in to the shelter to pick up your voucher (one per person) and prove Marion County residency.
After those 10 vouchers were given out, we gave $50.00 vouchers toward the spay/neuter of animals in both Marion and Washington County until the funds ran out today, June 18.
We were very lucky to have the opportunity to give out these vouchers. They are usually made possible by generous donors.
Watch our site or your facebook page in the future for other offers, as we never know when they will occur.
MCAS WISH LIST:
We can always use the following donations!
- CAT LITTER (Scoopable and others)
- CANNED DOG AND CAT FOOD
- DRY DOG AND CAT FOOD
- DOG TREATS
- 13 & 43 GAL. TRASH BAGS
- DOG& CAT BEDS
- LAUNDRY DETERGENT
- "SIMPLE GREEN" ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER
- "FABULOSO" ALL PURPOSE CLEANER
- AJAX DISH LIQUID W/ BLEACH
- "EVOLVE" ULTRA CONCENTRATE BLEACH TABLETS
- FRONTLINE FLEA & TICK CONTROL FOR DOGS & CATS