MCAS WISH LIST:
We can always use the following donations!
- CAT LITTER (Scoopable and others)
- CANNED DOG AND CAT FOOD
- DRY DOG AND CAT FOOD
- DOG TREATS
- 13 & 43 GAL. TRASH BAGS
- DOG& CAT BEDS
- LAUNDRY DETERGENT
- "SIMPLE GREEN" ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER
- "FABULOSO" ALL PURPOSE CLEANER
- AJAX DISH LIQUID W/ BLEACH
- "EVOLVE" ULTRA CONCENTRATE BLEACH TABLETS
- FRONTLINE FLEA & TICK CONTROL FOR DOGS & CATS
- LIVE TRAP RENTAL ( Domestic animals only)
- CREMATION (private & communal)
- Q. Do you have avolunteer program?
- A. Several years ago, we did have volunteer assistance but as you read this, we do not have any programs for volunteers or any plans to reinstate this in the future.
- Q.I have araccoon, possum, ground hog, etc., on my property that is causing damage! Can you come and trap it?
- A. These types of creatures are considered "NUISANCE WILDLIFE" and must be handled by a completely different type of animal control specialist. Please call a certified "Nuisance Wildlife Removal Expert" or professional trapper. Sorry, we are only licensed to handle DOMESTIC ANIMALS. If you see a WILD or ENDANGERED animal in distress (Hawk, Eagle, etc). call: (270) 384 -4796 for Wildlife animal inquiries.
- Q. Can I bring my children in to see how they might interact with an animal before adoption?
- A. YES! We welcome families and their children of any age to come in and socialize with a pet you wish to adopt.
- Q. Are you a humane society?
- A. No, MCAS is not a Humane Society.
Humane Societies are usually "no kill" shelters whereas Animal Shelters do euthanize depending on time and space needs or when absolutely necessary. We consider ourselves a "low kill" shelter.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Does the Shelter install Micro Chips
- A. We are not able to do this. If you wish to have one placed in your animal, please call a veterinarian.
Q. Someone told me that you euthanize animals within a short period of time after you receive them. Is this true?
A. There is no specific time table for euthanization at MCAS it is based on space constraints as well as the overall health of the animal.
1105 Hwy 208, Lebanon, KY 40033
MON, TUES, THUR, FRI: 10 - 4
SAT: 9 - NOON
CLOSED: WED. & SUN.
Visit our shelter and you might just find your next, best friend !
STANDARD FEE:- $125.00 PER DOG, *$60.00 CATS (includes spay or neuter and rabies shot from a veterinarian).
TOO BUSY TO COME IN?
Next time your order from Amazon.com,
add items for donation! You can have them sent directly to the shelter!
MCAS is a county-run facility. We work with the general public and rescue groups all over the country to find homes for as many animals as possible.
PLEASE DO YOUR PART! SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR DOGS AND CATS BEGINNING AT 4 - 6 MONTHS OLD.
Marion County Animal Shelter In The Heart of the Bluegrass
There is no Spay/Neuter program at the shelter. Please contact your local vet for the procedure. All Shelter animals must be spayed or neutered as part of the adoption process. READ MORE
When to Call:
- LOST AND FOUND: You lost your animal or found an animal whose owner can not be located.
- DANGEROUS ANIMAL: Life or property is being threatened by an animal.
- ANIMAL WELFARE: You see or strongly suspect that an animal is in danger or being subjected to cruelty. All info is confidential.
Who We Serve:
Our Animal Control Officers serve residents of Marion
County, Kentucky, only but the Lebanon facility houses animals from both Marion and neighboring,
Washington County. WASHINGTON COUNTY HAS ITS OWN ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER. WASHINGTON COUNTY RESIDENTS CALL: (859) 805-1617 or (859) 336-3815.